Alfie™

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

T2W3 Journal

I spent an inordinate amount thinking about how to get out of this treacherous place but I came up with nothing.
The weather was maladjusted and the mosquitoes were irascible.
"We're trapped here for good.." I thought.
The thought alone shook me.
Something had to be done to save us, someone has to do it, but who is it going to be? I kept asking this question, hoping that a miracle would send us out of this torturous site.
Morning was approaching. I had to think fast.
I felt guilty on organizing this trip. I am responsible for their situation now and their lives rest on my shoulders. Who was I to ask them on such a dangerous trip which turned out terribly wrong?
I was both physically and mentally exhausted but I set out of the cave to find an exit out of this unpleasant place.
I was on the qui vive for any threats in this unknown place as I took a glance at the seemingly unending hectares of jungle.
Since we had ventured here alone by a boat and we arrived at a beach, all I have to do is to find the beach and we could be saved!
But that was easier said than done.
After a day of such torment, I was lost for directions.
"How was I suppose to figure out where the beach was? In this gargantuan jungle?" I enunciated loudly.
Just when I was on the verge of breaking point, I heard weird sounds. Whatever it was it seem to be getting louder, as if it was approaching me.
I made a dash for the cave but the next thing I knew, I collapsed.
It must have been days past, as I found myself lying on firm, comfortable bed. I opened my eyes slowly to find my family around me.
I heaved a sigh of relief, knowing that we have been rescued.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home